Post 6

A public issue that deeply concerns me is the police and the violence used against black males. This concerns me a lot because I have to young men who I have raised right but I fear for their lives everyday. A person should not be targeted based on the color of their skin. According to an article on CNBC.com  Tucker Haggins states that "Black people were disproportionately among those killed, the group found. Black people accounted for 24% of those killed, despite making up only about 13% of the population." Those numbers are very scary and is a cause for concern. Of course everyone should be treated equally but even today that still does not ring true. I pray that going forward that officers will be evaluated more closely and held accountable for any wrong doing. Change is needed and needed it now.

Comments

  1. 100% agree. It seems like every day another black man is killed over nothing. And it enrages me to have to watch them fight for their lives, while their murderers roam free.
    This is a problem that‘s bigger the police, it’s also the justice system. Whoever is in these courts allowing these police officers to go free or giving them light sentences needs to be disbarred.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 13

Post 5

Post 11